- 270 g Dates (pitted)
- 125 g Boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon Bi-carbonate of Soda
- 250 g almonds
- 3 eggs
- 60 g coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 50 g cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 20 cm round cake pan (I used a silicone ring tin)
Mix dates and bi-carb soda in boiling water and leave to soak for a few minutes while you do the next step.
Grind almonds for 10 seconds, speed 9.
Put dates, water and bi-carb into mixing bowl, and blend for 30 seconds, speed 6. You may need to stop and scrape the sides a couple of times, and maybe reduce the speed a little after the first few seconds if necessary.
Add eggs, oil, vanilla essence and blend for 20 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down bowl.
Add almonds, baking powder, cocoa and salt and mix for 20 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down bowl and repeat.
Pour into prepared cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave until cool before turning onto a serving plate. I covered mine with chocolate ganache and served with whipped cream and raspberry coulis.
This is gluten free if you make sure your baking powder is GF.
Suitable for TM31 or TM5.
I adapted this recipe://www.spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2013/07/15/flourless-chocolate-cake-made-with-almonds/
For something different, try replacing the boiling water with coffee, or adding coffee liqueur to the mixture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Sweet tart cases
- Easy Christmas pudding with vegan options
- Chermoula chicken with quinoa and lentil salad
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Tropical florentines
- Pumpkin and Capsicum soup
- Chicken in Port Sauce with hasselback potatoes and steamed vegies
- German Apple Cake
- Clone of Strawberry Tart with Basil Sugar - Vegan
- Mint relish
- Sourdough Banana Bread (refined sugar, dairy and egg free)
- Bavarian Cream