- 150 g butter (plus extra for greasing cake tin), cut into pieces
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa
- 50 g Gluten free plain flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
Grease and line 22cm springform tin.
Make sure the mixing bowl is dry and insert Butterfy Whisk.
- Place egg whites and salt into bowl.
Whip 6 min/speed 3.5 or until stiff peaks form.
Add 20g castor sugar and mix 20 sec/speed 3.5
- Remove Butterfly Whisk.
Transfer whipped egg white into a bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining 180g castor sugar, egg yolks and butter into mixing bowl and mix 6 min/70 degrees/speed 4.
- Add chocolate and wait a few seconds for chocoate to soften.
Mix 20 sec/speed 5.
- Add flour.
Mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Insert Butterfy Whisk.
Add whipped egg whites.
Mix 15 sec/speed 3.
- Pour cake batter into prepared springform tin.
Bake for 10-15 mins (200 degrees).
Allow cake to cool in tin 5 mins.
Delicious served warm or cold!
Accessories you need
This cake has a gooey, fudgy centre. If you prefer a firmer cake bake 20-25mins at 180 degress C.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chocolate Cake
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits