- 1 can Chick peas (drained)
- 3 Eggs, Large
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Juice of 1/2 Lime for Drizzle
- 150 grams castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Pre heat oven to 160 degrees C. Line and grease loaf tin.
Add drained chickpeas, eggs, sugar, zest and juice of 1/2 Lime into TM bowl and process for 20 seconds on speed 6 until you have a smooth watery batter.
Pour batter into lined and greased tin and cook in the middle of the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and drizzle over the honey then leave to cool in tin for 15 minutes.
Pour over the juice from the remaining 1/2 lime then leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
If you don't want this cake to be too moist use less lime juice at the end. This cake does not rise too high so dont be disappointed.
Chill and cut into small squares - Serve with whipped cream or greek yoghurt.
It is cake but not as we know it and Gluten Free!!
This cake is a bit of fun - I was trying to make a gluten free sweet treat! Maybe it wont be your favourite go to cake but perhaps give it a go.
If it is too sweet reduce the quantity of sugar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ricotta Cannoli Cake
- Moist Coconut Cupcakes with "Coconut Ice" Frosting
- Gluten Free Crackers
- Blueberry Croissant Pudding
- Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- Healthy Choc Topped Mini Mint Cheesecakes
- Cabernet Cranberry and Blueberry Sauce
- Fresh Lime Custard Cream Butter Cake
- Fresh Lime Almond Torte
- Fresh Lime Curd Ice cream
- Lemon Custard Cream Butter Cake
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Nanna Smith’s Caramel Sauce
- Nut free muesli bars
- Paleo Carrot Muffins
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Banana Chocolate Muffin with pumpkin seed top with shredded coconut
- 5 ingredient Spinach and apple smoothie
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Paleo Strawberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Muesli Bars
- Satay Chicken Meal