- 140 grams milk powder
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 50 grams Butter
- 90 grams water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste, extract or essence
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 grams Butter
- 400 grams brown sugar
- 4 --- eggs
- 170 grams Gluten free plain flour
- 130 grams cocoa powder
- 100 grams walnuts
40h 0minPreparation 10h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C Grease & line rectangular tin 20 x 30 x 3cm (not swiss roll tin as it's not deep enough)
- Place milk powder, brown sugar (100g), golden syrup, butter (50g), vanilla, salt & water in bowl
- Cook at 9 minutes/90°C/Sp 4 MC on
Place in jug or small bowl. Add pinch of salt & stir through. Leave to cool slightly.
No need to wash Thermomix bowl.
- Add butter (300g) & brown sugar (400g) to bowl. 15 sec/Sp 3 to incorporate then scrape down sides
- Cream butter & sugar for 1 min/Sp 4. Scrape down sides again
Start machine without MC Sp 4, crack each egg into MC (this allows you to see if you get a bad egg before adding to the whole mix) & add individually with motor running.
Once all incorporated increase to Sp 5 for 20 seconds or so. Scrape down sides
Add plain flour & cocoa powder. MC on 30 sec/Sp 5
Add walnuts & mix 20 sec/Sp 3
- Pour into prepared tin. Smooth out mixture. Dollop salted caramel on top & use butter knife to swirl caramel to make it pretty.
Bake 30 minutes. This will give you a brownie that's nicely in between fudgy & cakey. (For super fudgy take off 3 minutes; for more cakey add 3-5 minutes).
Allow to cool completely in tin before slicing.
Make Salted Caramel Condensed Milk
Caramel Condensed Milk recipe from blog The Road To Loving My Thermomix http://www.trtlmt.com.au/caramel-condensed-milk/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.