- 130 grams Quinoa flakes, (1 & 1/2 cups)
- 135 grams Gluten Free SR Flour, (1 cup)
- 150 grams castor sugar, (1 cup)
- 65 grams dessicated coconut, (3/4 cup)
- 125 grams Butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp Boiling water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C (325°F)
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
3. Add butter and golden syrup to Thermomix bowl and melt 2-3 minutes 60 degrees Speed 2.
4. While butter and syrup are melting add quinoa flakes, flour, sugar and coconut to a bowl and mix well.
5. Combine bicarb soda and water and add to the melted butter mixture and mix for 5 sec/speed 3
6. Add the dry ingredient mix into melted butter and bicarb soda mixture and mix for 10 sec/speed 4 /reverse. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and repeat 10 sec/speed 4/reverse
7. Roll into small ball (1 inch) and place on greased and lined baking trays - flatten gently with a fork and bake until golden - 15- 20 minutes.
8. Leave to cool on baking trays for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely
9. Store biscuits in an air tight container.
Original recipe came with my Bamix! So rather old an old recipe! I have converted the recipe to Gluten Free (using quinoa flakes instead of quick cooking oats)
and Thermomix style. If you find them a bit sweet you could certainly cut back on the sugar. I have put in the original cup measurements as well. You could add the dry ingredients seperately but I find it is easy just to mix them altogether while the butter is melting, and then add all dry ingredients in one go.
Suitable for TM31 & TM5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Greek Yoghurt Ranch Dip
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Gluten Free Shortbread Biscuits
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- Gluten Free Jaffa Cakes
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE MUDCAKE