- 110 g unsweetened apple sauce, see Basic Cookbook
- 60 g egg whites (from 2 large eggs)
- 100 g maple syrup
- 2 heaped tablespoons nut butter (or 20g butter for Nut Free)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 90 g quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 120 g oats (GF)
- 1 tsp baking powder (GF)
- 35 g flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g apples, cored and quartered
- 45 g chopped walnuts (or sunflower seeds for Nut Free)
40minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking 30min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 9X9 pan with baking paper.
- Mill flax seeds 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside in small bowl.
- Place apples in bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Transfer into small bowl and set aside.
- Place apple sauce, egg whites, maple syrup, nut butter and vanilla paste into mixing bowl. Mix 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula.
- Add quinoa, oats, baking powder, milled flax seed and cinnamon. Mix 10 sec/speed 4. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula.
Add chopped apples and nuts (or seeds) and mix 10 sec/
- Pour into lined pan and smooth flat with spatula.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until bars are golden brown and firm to touch. Cool in pan then slice into bars and store in refrigerator for 3 days or freeze to keep longer.
The Nut Free version with the sunflower seeds and butter is great for school lunch boxes.
This is great as a breakfast bar or snack and is low in sugar. Rice malt syrup could be substitued for the maple syrup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salted Peanut-Butter Cookie Squares
- Tasty Choc Chip Party Cakes
- Piper's Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- Variation Only THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!
- FODMAP Friendly Chocolate Fondant Cake
- BANANA YOGHURT CHOC CHIP CAKE
- Seed and Chia Crunchies
- Florentine Slice - (with Gluten-Free option in TIPS)
- Portuguese Donuts (Bolas de Berlim)
- Peach Blossom Cake
- Fat Head Danish (LCHF, GF)
- French Chocolate Silken Pie (LCHF, GF)
- South Indian Chicken Biryani
- Lamington Nut Free Lunchbox Bliss Balls
- Pete Evans Chia Porridge
- Fat Head Danish (LCHF, GF)
- Maple Butter
- Carrot and Pineapple Cupcakes
- Mini Victoria Sponge cake and Mini Tea cake
- Lemon & Poppyseed Spiced Biscuits
- Sweet Potato Pudding (healthy version of plum pudding)
- LSA Porridge
- Pumpkin scones
- Healthy Date and Coffee Muffins