- 170 g sugar
- 60 g Butter
- 2 tea bags
- 220 g boiled water, (!1/4 Cups)
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 60 g walnuts chopped, I used chopped pecans and slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 345 g Gluten Free SR Flour, (I use White Wings or Aldi)
- 1 tsp Bi-carb soda (GF)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder, gluten free
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 280 g mixed dried fruit, (I used a mix of sultanas, raisins and mixed dried fruit
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 23cm x 14cm loaf pan.
1. Steep the 2 Tea Bags in the Boiling Water for5 minutes.
2. Place sugar, butter, dried fruit, golden syrup, and steeped tea water in Thermomix Bowl.
3. Cook 10 mins/100°/Reverse/Speed Soft (Wooden spoon icon)
4. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Return Thermomix bowl with fruit mixture to Thermomix and add mixed spice, ginger, walnuts, vanilla extract and salt and stir 10 secs/Reverse/Speed 1.5.
6.Add flour, baking powder and baking baking soda and mix to combine 10 secs/Reverse Speed 1.5. Scrape down sides and repeat. If needs be finish the mixing with the spatula
7. Pour mixture into loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
8. Leave to cool in tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
9. Slice and serve with butter.
This dense fruit loaf recipe was inspired from Annabel Langbein. Original recipe uses sultanas and dates, however, I used what I had in the pantry. I have thermified the recipe. Original recipe here - https://www.annabel-langbein.com/pdfs/AWWFinalPDFstoryLR.pdf
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon Walnut Cake
- Sacher torte
- Banana Choc Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Just a Minute, Baby Cakes
- Choc Chip Chunkies
- More Again - Paleo Banana Muffin
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Zucchini-Almond-Chocolate Slice
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Peanut Drops
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Gluten Free Shortbread Biscuits
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- Gluten Free Jaffa Cakes
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE MUDCAKE
- Gluten Free Sultana Cake
- GLUTEN FREE LEMON POUND CAKE
- Orange Quince Cake with Orange Syrup
- Maids Of Honour
- Gluten Free Christmas Puddings