- 375 grams sultanas
- 375 grams raisins
- 300 grams currants
- 250 grams Prunes, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) Frangelico, (hazelnut liqueur)
- 250 grams Butter, chopped
- 300 grams (11/2 cups) Dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon lime marmalade
- 6 large eggs
- 100 grams Chocolate (dark or milk), chopped
- 150 grams hazelnuts
- 300 grams plain flour
- 150 grams Self Raising Flour
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico, extra
15h 0minPreparation 13h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
THE NIGHT BEFORE
- Combine the sultanas, raisins, currants, prunes and frangelico in large glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside overnight, stirring occasionally, to soak.
THE NEXT DAY
- Put the hazelnuts in the TM bowl and roast 3 - 5 minutes, Varoma, speed 1. Set aside in a muslin towel, leave to cool, then cover and rub till the outer shell peels off. Return peeled, hazelnuts to the TM bowl and chop coarsely 10 seconds, speed 7. Set aside.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, put in the TM bowl, chop coarsely 10 seconds, speed 7. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced oven). Grease and line the base and side of four 2 pound loaf tins with baking paper, bringing paper 3cm above edge of pan.
- Put the dark brown sugar into the TM bowl and mill, 50 seconds speed 8.
- Add the chopped butter to the TM bowl, then combine with the sugar 30 seconds, speed 6.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the TM bowl, 3 minutes total time speed 4. On the 2nd minute add the lime marmalde, and the 6 eggs one by one into the mix. Prolong the time by another minute if so needed.
- Add the butter mixture to the fruit mixture with the chocolate, hazelnuts, combined flours and cocoa powder. Use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf tins and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven. Brush the top of the hot cake with extra frangelico. Cover with foil and set aside in pan to cool completely.
This recipe makes 4 two pound loaf cakes
Accessories you need
THIS RECIPE IS AN ADAPTATION OF THE INDUGLENT HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS CAKE AS FEATURED ON TASTE.COM.AU
I used 4 loaf tins, but if you wish you can use bigger round tins - check baking times according to the size of the tin (you could make for instance just one big cake so the baking time will increase).
I did not use the Spatula to cream the butter and sugar as I did not think it was necessary however if you wish to use it remember to not go above speed 4.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins