- 25 g butter/Nuttelex spread
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 125 g dried, pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 "chia egg", (1 Tbsp chia seeds + 2 Tbsp water, left for 5mins until gel consistency)
- 250 g low fat milk/natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 300 g Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees (160 fan force).
2. Melt butter 1 min, 80 degrees, speed 4.
3. Add bananas and dates and chop 8 seconds, speed 6.
4. Add rest of ingredients and mix 10 seconds, speed 4. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again 5 seconds, speed 4.
5. Pour into tin and bake for 50 minutes.
6. Serve warm or cooled. I like it best toasted in a sandwich press and then with a thin spread of butter!
This is an easy recipe that's super quick to prepare! It's a wholesome recipe I make often for morning/afternoon tea that is low in fat, low added sugar, and high fibre.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake