- 100 grams zucchini, roughly cut, (raw or frozen)
- 100 grams broccoli florets, (raw or frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams oil, (of your choice, I used EVOO)
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 70 grams Self Raising Flour
- 70 grams wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Milk
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a loaf tin.
Place broccoli and zucchini in bowl. Mix on speed 7 for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix for another 10 seconds on speed 7.
Add eggs, oil and sugar to the vegetables in the bowl. Mix for 30 seconds on speed 5.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix for another 30 seconds on speed 5.
Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees.
Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Accessories you need
1 - I have totally stolen this from Offspring Magazine's Facebook page. Same ingredients, just method changed to suit the Thermomix.
2 - I am in no way condoning the practice of feeding your kids cake instead of vegetables!! But as the mother of a vege-hater, I figure if you are going to have chocolate cake OCCASIONALLY as a TREAT you may as well hide vegetables in it. And they'll never know...
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)
- Gluten Free Chunky steak, mushroom and mince pie
- Budget Brownie
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Classic Satay Sauce