- 100 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 60 g olive oil
- 150 g raw local honey
- 200 g unbleached white spelt flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices
- thick yoghurt, honey and grated nutmeg to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Grease and line a 23cm round springform tin and set aside.
2. Place butter, olive oil, honey, flour, eggs, ground ginger, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 6.
3. Add apple slices and gently combine using the spatula.
4. Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake 180C fan-forced oven for 40-45 mins, or until skewer comes out clean when inserted.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove cake from tin and place on a wire rack. Serve cake warm or cold with yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of grated nutmeg.
Accessories you need
Cake will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup