- 200 grams unsalted butter softened, at room temperature
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 400 grams plain flour
- 1 --- capfull Vanilla Extract
- 500 grams white sugar
- 2 --- egg, whites
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1h 42minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place Thermoserver on top of Tm and weigh in flour. Put aside
Place butter and sugar in Tm and beat 8sec/sp5. Do not beat longer as it will cause your cookies to spread.
Add egg and vanilla and beat 3sec/sp4. While beating at sp4, gradually add flour through hole in the lid. Once all the flour has been poured in, mix for a further 3sec to combine properly. Scrape down. Knead 1min"Closed lid" /"Dough mode"
Tip out onto lightly floured Thermomat and work into a smooth ball. Wrap in gladwrap and refridgerate for 30mins-1hr. Preheat oven to 180degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper using thickness guides of approx 8mm. Cut Shapes out using cookie cutters and place on prepared trays 2-3cm apart. If time allows, or dough is too soft to handle, refridgerate whole tray for another 30mins.
Bake for 10-12mins or until very lightly golden
Decorate with EDC Royal Icing.
1) Place 250grams sugar in TM bowl and mill 30sec/sp9.
2) Place remainder 250grams sugar in TM bowl and mill again 30sec/sp9. (If it is still not super fine enough, let TM rest for a few minutes and re-mill 30sec/sp9)
3) Add egg whites and lemon juice and mix 5sec/sp7.
4) Pipe or spread onto cooled cookies.
EDC Royal Icing (double quantity)
Accessories you need
NOTE: Thickness guides are simple two objects of the same height that you place either side of your dough so your rolling pin can gllide over. eg. plastic container lids, books, sticks. This will always ensure same thickness cookies which will bake evenly.
This recipe also works well using Nuttlex for a dairy free option.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Anzac Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze