- 1 package Arnotts Choc Ripple Biscuits
- 100 grams Butter
- 750 grams cream cheese
- 115 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams thickened cream
- 220 grams Dark Chocolate Melts
- 4 eggs
- 210 grams sugar
- 125 grams water
- 2 oranges, Thinly sliced
1h 35minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Grease a 22cm springform pan, fully line with paper ensuring the paper extends 5cm above the top of the pan.
2. Chop chocolate melts: 5 seconds - speed 7.
3. Melt chocolate: 2 minutes - 55 degrees - speed 1. Scrape down the sides and repeat for another minute. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
4. Without cleaning the bowl add butter and melt at 80 degrees for aprox. 2 minutes - speed 1. The time will vary depending on the temperature of the butter.
5. Once butter is melted add chocolate biscuits and crush: 4 seconds - speed 7.
6. Pour mixture into the pan, press into the base and chill in the fridge or freezer whilst preparing the filling.
7. Clean and dry the bowl.
8. Insert the butterfly, without mc on beat the eggs 15 secs speed 4. Set aside in bowl or on top of the chocolate mixture.
9. Without cleaning the bowl , beat the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla until smooth: 30 seconds - speed 3.
10. Add the cream, chocolate and eggs to the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth: 25 seconds - speed 3.
11. Pour the mixture over the prepared base. Bake in a moderately slow oven 160C for 45-50 minutes until just set.
12. Cool in the oven with door ajar. Chill.
13. Clean and dry the bowl.
14. Combine the sugar and water and bring to the boil: 9 mins - 110 degrees - speed 1.
15. Add the orange slices, reduce the heat and simmer: 5 mins - 80 degrees - speed 1 "Counter-clockwise operation"
16. Remove oranges from the syrup and allow both to cool to room temperature.
17. Decorate the cheesecake with orange slices.
18. Slice and serve with a drizzle of orange syrup.
Accessories you need
Can be made using syrup made out of alternative fruit. E.g. Berries
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.