THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 480 g Rice or almond milk
- 150 g coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 250 g castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla (essence or extract)
- 360 g plain flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120 g Vegan choc chips
- handful or so of frozen raspberries
- 1 cans coconut cream
- Vegan choc chips
- raspberry jam
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees C.
Grease and line 2 x 20cm cake tins
Place your tin of coconut cream in the fridge the night before (see notes on icing)
- Place milk and vinegar in TM Bowl and mix 2 mins speed 1
- Add sugar, coconut oil and vanilla and mix 45 seconds speed 4
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and salt and mix 20 secs speed 5, scrape down sides and mix again 20 secs speed 5
- Add choc chips and mix in either with spatula or 10 secs speed 3 on reverse
- Divide mixture between cake tins and press the frozen raspberries into the mix. Bake for approx 30 mins or until cooked. Let cool in tin and cool completely on rack before icing.
- It is a little hard to guess the quantity of the icing that this will make as it depends on the brand and quality of your coconut cream (use a good quality one for the best results)
- Leave tin of coconut cream in fridge over night (hopefully you have done this already). The next day scrape out the coconut cream solids and discard the liquid in the tin (or keep to make something else with the liquid - we dont use it in this recipe)
NB if your tin didnt separate then that coconut cream will not be suitable for this recipe
- Place hardened cream into TM Bowl and weigh.
Add Choc chips to the mixture (the amount will depend on the weight of the cream)
I add an extra 1/3 of the weight of the cream in choc chips (for examnple if you have 150g cream then use 200g choc chips)
- Mix in TM Bowl 5 mins, 50 degrees speed 3
(you may need to scrape 1/2 way through to ensure it is all melted)
- Let the ganache cool slightly and pour some on the top of the cake.
Reserve the rest and put in a container in the fridge overnight to make the frosting for the middle
- The next day put the reserved ganche mixture back in the TM Bowl and whip with your butterfly 30 seconds speed 4 or until it changes to a lighter colour and a fluffier consistency.
Spread the top of the bottom cake with raspberry jam and then use the fluffy icing to connect the cakes together
To connect with me, get Thermie support or see more of what I offer please follow the link to join my community -https://linktr.ee/JanineSmithThermieandFriends
To make the cakes
Icing - ganache and frosting
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Cacao Protein Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Flower Citrus biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Berry Bounty Bites - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Vanilla Slice - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Choccy Rocks - Thermie and Friends
- Arnott's Monte Carlo Biscuits - Recipe by Arnotts, Converted to Thermomix by Janine Smith - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Chocolate Crackles (copha free) - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Kiss Biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Lemon Cheesecake - Thermie and Friends
- Evelyns Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- Janine's Nua Phad Prik Thai Onn - Pepper Beef Stirfry - Thermie and Friends