- 300 grams fresh dates, pitted, Dried can also be used but will have a higher calorie value
- 50 grams dried apricots
- 50 grams dried cranberries
- 75 grams raw cashews, Any nut can be used but not salted
- 20 grams rolled oats
- 20 grams Dessicated/Shredded coconut
- 2 heaped tablespoons YIAH White Choc Powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons Key Lime YIAH Dukkah
- water, to combine if necessary
- Rind of Half a Lime, Optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Snack Supper Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Praline/sweets Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Appetizer Dessert
1. Add all Dates, Apricots, Cranberries and Cashews (Lime peel too if using) to bowl, Chop 15 Secs, Speed 7.
2. Scrape down sides of bowl and add remaining ingredients, mix 10 Secs, Speed 6 or untill all combined in smooth paste.
3. Take 1 Teaspoon of mix and roll into ball. I split the mix into 4 and make into sausage like logs then slice each log into inch sized protions, i find this easier for rolling and ensuring balls remain same size. keep hands wet, it makes for easier rolling, less sticky.
4. If you wish you can roll the balls in Coconut, Dukkah or Choc Powder, i personally dont as don't feel they need it and its less calories but are easier to eat if covered (less sticky)
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before eating.
Accessories you need
These are great for Breakfast on the go, Kids morning tea, snacks, fab for picnics.
For more variations please see my other recipes.
These last up to 2 weeks in the fridge although they never last longer than a few days in my house.
A great tip is add a splash of Malibu or Limoncello to the mix to create yummy, healthy(ish) treats or gifts for Christmas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments
- Custard Square
- Lemon Coconut Cake
- Vegan Cheesecake
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Savoury Scones
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- Rima’s Tagrid Ahmed Mamaghanooj Kitchen’s Mafrookeh