- 115 grams walnuts, Or hazelnuts
- 180 grams dried figs
- 45 grams Dried pitted dates, If you don’t have dates use a different dried fruit or extra figs
- 100 grams White or raw sugar
- 85 grams soft butter
- 2 --- overripe bananas
- 2 --- eggs
- 1 --- Juice of a freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 155 grams plain flour, Gluten free plain flour works perfectly in this recipe. Just do a straight swap (I use aldi flour)
- 2 level tablespoons cornflour, Gluten free cornflour if required
- 2 level tsp baking powder, Gluten free if required
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 level tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- With MC on Chop nuts Speed 4, for 4 seconds. Set aside
- With MC on, Chop figs and dates speed 8, for 5 seconds. Set aside with nuts
- In clean bowl, add sugar and MC on, mix for 8 seconds, speed 8.
- Add chopped butter to the sugar and with MC on, mix for 30 seconds, speed 4
- To the butter and sugar mix, add bananas, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. With MC on, mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarbonate, cinnamon, ginger and salt. With MC on mix for 10 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down sides and repeat. The cake batter should be smooth.
- Using the spatula, stir the pre-chopped nuts and dried fruit into the cake batter.
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin. Sprinkle top with a little extra cinnamon.you can also line the top with a few thin slithers of another banana if you like.
this cake can develop a dark crust. If you don't want this, grease the back of a piece of aluminium foil (large enough to generously cover the loaf tin). Then greased side down, cover the loaf tin with the foil, allowing room for the cake to rise (do not cover tightly). (See photo).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Check to see if batter is cooked with a skewer.
If you covered the cake with foil while baking you may like to remove this for a few minutes at the end to brown the top a little.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
This is delicious to eat over the next few days sliced and toasted gently on a pan or sandwich grill, then covered with butter and marmalade.
it freezes well too. 😋
Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a loaf tin.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chocolate Cake
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Malteser Slice