- 280 g Butter, Softened
- 220 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500 g Plain (all purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 600 g Lemon curd, see notes
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line the base and sides of a 20x30cm slab tin with baking paper
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla for 30 sec/speed 4. Scraping down the bowl inbetween if necessary.
- Add the flour and salt and mix 25 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides and mix again 25 sec/ speed 4 or until all combined.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the lined tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Flatten the remaining dough, wrap in glad wrap and place in the fridge. Once the base is cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool spread the lemon curd over the base and grate or crumble the remaining 1/3 of the shortbread mixture over the top. Return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin. Once cool cut into slices.
The base can be made the day before and kept in the fridge for finishing off when desired.
I used Tenina's citrus curd recipe and used only lemons://tenina.com/recipes/citrus-curd
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Chipless Biscuits
- Margaret fultons choc chip cookies
- Chocolate Raspberry Pudding Cake by Nigella Lawson (conversion)