- 250 g biscuit of choice, butternut snap
- 75 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp gelatin, powder
- 250 g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 110 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons Lemon peel, finely grated
- 250 g sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp gelatin, powder
- 220 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g water
2h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular pan. Line base & sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edge.
1. Place biscuits in TM bowl & blitz for 3sec/speed7 then set aside.
2. Place butter in TM bowl & melt for 2min/70'C/speed 1.5
3. Return biscuit crumbs to melted butter & mix 30sec/speed5, or until combined.
4. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan.
5. Refrigerate while making filling.
1. To make filling sprinkle gelatine over 1/3 cup water in a small heatproof jug. Sit jug in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar & rind in TM bowl 30sec/speed4.
3. Scrape down sides of TM bowl & repeat 30sec/speed4, or until light & creamy.
4. With the MC in place add gelatine mixture on the lid to slowly trickle into TM bowl approx 40sec/speed1, until smooth.
5. Add sour cream & lemon juice 30sec/speed4 or until smooth.
6. Spread filling evenly over biscuit base & leave to cool to room temperature.
1. Add sugar to TM bowl & blitz 10sec/speed9 with MC on.
2. Add 125 g water & gelatine and cook 8min/100'C/speed2 MC off.
3. Once cool, insert butterfly & whip for 10min/speed4 MC off, or until thick & fluffy. You can place simmering basket on top if concerned about splattering.
4. Spread over lemon filling & refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until set.
5. Lift slice from pan.
6. Slice with a hot, wet knife.
To make Lemon Marshmallow Slice
Adapted to my TM5 from original recipe from Amy Sinclair from newideafood.com.au
Slice can be made up to four days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I found it easier & quicker to make gelatine mix in a jug over simmering water than in TM bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fruit slice
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg FREE Caramel Slice
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Apple & Carrot Microwave Cake
- Milky Bar Cheesecake