- 250 grams spelt grains, (can substitute with preferred flour)
- 50 grams Rapadura Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder, (made in the TM of course!)
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 lemons, zested
- 130 grams cup plain yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 250 gram block of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
Pre-heat oven to 160.C
Add the spelt grains, rapadura, baking powder, cinnamon, pinch of salt and lemon zest to the TM bowl and mill for 1 minute on speed 9.
Add the yoghurt, olive oil and eggs and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes at 160.C
Clean the TM bowl and add the block of cream cheese with 2 tbsp of honey.
Mix for 20 seconds on speed 4.
When the cake is cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting on top.
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
The cake is cooked when a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cook for another five minutes if required.
Using all spelt grains results in quite a dense cake but it is a lot healthier. You could use 50% spelt grains and 50% white spelt flour. Plain flour results in a beautiful texture but you miss out of the health benefits of freshly milled grains. You could soak your grains overnight for extra health benefits but the cake will be a lot more dense.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange, Basil and Chicken Risotto
- Spiced Plum Quinoa
- Blueberry Quinoa with Cinnamon and Honey
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce
- Plum, Nettle and Honey Juice
- Banana, Date and Cardamom Muffins
- Apricot and Ginger Bliss Balls
- Date and Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Sugar Free Lemonade with Verjuice
- Coffee and Cardamom Custard
- Pear and Blueberry Muffins with Hidden Greens
- Delicious gingerbread men or gingerbread house
- Almond and Lemon Bliss Balls
- Vanilla and cinnamon candied almonds
- Apple,cinnamon&sultana porridge
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney