- 200 gram flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 65 gram cold butter roughly chopped
- 80-100 gram Milk, 1
- jam of choice, (strawberry, plum, raspberry etc
- 3 heaped tablespoon currants
- 75 gram softened butter
- 220 gram plain flour
- 180 gram sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 100 gram Milk
- 270 gram sugar
- Rind of 1 Lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 50 gram softened butter
- 1 tablespoon Just boiled water
- chopped nuts or shredded coconut for sprinkling
Recipe is created for
1. Add flour, butter and baking powder. Place in bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6 or until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add milk, knead 1 min or until it starts to form a ball.
3. Transfer to Thermomat or lightly floured bench top, knead into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and rest in the refrigerator or for 15 mins.
Make sponge while this is resting, there is no need to rinse the bowl.
4. After 15 mins, remove from refrigerator and roll out to a rectable large enough to line a 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.
5. Thinly spread Jam over dough.
6. Sprinkle with currants.
1. Place sugar in bowl, 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add butter 20 sec/speed 4.
3. Cream 1 min/speed 3-4. (you made need to stop and scrape the sides down a couple of times)
4. Add flour & baking powder. 30 sec/speed 5. While this is mixing, add eggs one at a time through the hole in the lid.
5. With blades rotating on speed 5, pour milk through the hole in lid and mix until it is a smooth, spreadable mixture. (may take up to 30 sec)
6. Pour over prepared base.
7. Bake at 180 degrees for 30 mins or until spounge springs back when lightly touched.
8. Let cool then ice with lemon icing. Sprinkle with chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
1. Add sugar. Mill for 1 min/speed 9. Scrape down sides. Add rind then mill 10 sec/speed 10.
2. Add softened butter and lemon juice. 30 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
3. Add water only if necessary. Mix on speed 5 and add a little bit at a time until the desired consistency is acheived.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Kiwi Biscuits
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread