- 200 grams raw almonds
- 1 orange zest, optional (or substitute with orange oil drops)
- 140 grams arrowroot starch
- 30 grams rice flour
- 1 teaspoons Baking Powder, gluten free
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 pinches salt
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams coconut oil
- 50 grams honey, or sweetener of choice
- 100 grams sultanas
- 60 grams coconut cream, or preferred milk of choice
Pre-heat oven to 180degrees. Prepare 12 muffin form pan.
Add almonds and mill 10seconds spd 9. If using orange zest add in this step
- Add dry ingredients: arrowroot, rice flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, salt to 10seconds spd 6
- add wet ingredients: 3 eggs, coconut oil, honey, coconut cream mix 20 seconds, spd 5-6 (depending on how cold the coconut oil is)
- add sultanas mix 10seconds spd 3
- if necessary scrape down sides and mix for another 5-10 seconds spd3.
- spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin trays (silicon moulds work really well with these muffins). Bake 180degrees celcius for 20mins until risen and slightly golden.
If using whole spices add in first step with almonds and mill for 20seconds instead.
Optional to use vanilla essence in step 3.
Best eaten straight out of the oven while they are soft and warm. If eating them cold, best heated up with butter.
If you like crosses on your hot cross buns you'll need to buy the book ('The Happy Cookbook). I don't bother with crosses.
Lola's summary: They may not be fluffy like your regular hot cross buns but boy-oh-boy do they taste good. One does the trick - they're pretty dense. Happy healthy easter eating.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.