- 150 grams wholemeal self-raising flour
- 60 grams cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda/bicarb
- 30 grams Sweetener or 225g LowGicane sugar
- 60g grams dark chocolate
- 70 grams Raw Hazelnuts, (Can use walnuts or pecans if preferred)
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 250 grams buttermilk, Or add 1 tsp vinegar to 1 cup milk, mix and let sit for a few minutes.
- 60 grams unsweetened apple puree, Use apple puree recipe from Basic cookbook if you don&#039;t want to buy it, let cool before using.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract/essence
- icing sugar for dusting, optional
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Brunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Children food Vegetarian Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Cake Easy Low budget Natural Quick Dessert
I love these brownies because not only are they Low GI, but people who are trying to eat healthy food but hate eating healthy love them, it's a great way to get people to start making small changes to get healthier.
Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celicius. Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
Put chocolate in TM bowl, chop for 3 seconds/ speed 7 to create chocolate chips. Put chocolate into another bowl for use later.
Roughly chop hazelnuts in TM for 12-15 seconds/speed 4. Place in same bowl as chopped chocolate.
Add all remaining ingredients into TM, mix 5 sec/ speed 5.Add chopped nuts and chocolate, mix 5 sec//speed 5. Pour mixture into brownie tin.
Cook for 35-40mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 mins in tin then move to cooling rack to cool completely (or eat hot). Dust with icing sugar and cut into 14- 16 pieces.
These brownies are a bit of a mixture between a cake texture and a brownie texture. They will keep in the fridge or a tin in cooler weather for 4 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
They are easy to make changes to, I love adding some orange rind and juice or chilli powder just for something different.These are a big hit amongst my friends and family, especially those who don't like food labelled "low gi".
Because they are Low Gi they are diabetic friendly, and will keep you fuller for longer so are great for lunch boxes for active people.They are a sometimes food for when you just want some brownies but don't want to feel guilty.
Recipe adapted for the Thermomix, originally from the "low gi food" cookbook by food for life.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Moist Vanilla Cake (extra large!)
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)
- Gf cheese and onion mini breads
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Pancakes (Buttermilk) fit for the AIS
- Corn Bread
- Ellie's Hidden Veggie Chocolate Muffins
- Quinoa, silverbeet and feta soda bread
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Mini monsters
- Rooibos and Cranberry loaf