- 185 g sugar, raw or white
- 2 oranges, rind and juice
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 120 g Thick Greek Yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 80 g Milk
- 2 eggs
- 375 g SR flour
- 2 oranges, rind and juice
- 100 g sugar
- 15 g orange flower water, (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 C
2. Peel 2 oranges finely with a vegetable peeler and place rind and 185 g sugar in bowl. Mill together 5 sec, Speed 9. Check to see all peel is finely ground - if not mill further 3 secs, Speed 9. Set aside
3. Place roughly chopped butter in bowl and melt, 2 mins, 60 C Speed 3.
4. Add eggs, 120 g yoghurt and milk and mix 10 sec, Speed 4.
5. Juice the 2 oranges and add juice, flour, sugar and peel mixture and mix 5 sec, Speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix another 5 sec, Speed 4.
6. Spoon into cupcake cases that are placed in muffin tins, and bake 16-20 minutes until skewer or toothpick inserted into middle of cupcake comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and cool in tin.
8. While cupcakes are cooking, place the peel from one orange (thinly peeled with vegetable peeler) and 100 g sugar into cleaned and dry bowl.
9. Mill 5 sec, Speed 9.
10. Add juice from both oranges and cook 8 mins, Varoma temp, speed 2 with MC removed. When cooked add the orange flower water, if using, and mix 5 sec, Speed 3.
11. Use a skewer to make a few small holes in cooling cupcakes and slowly drizzle syrup over cupcakes.
12. When cool serve with extra dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Accessories you need
Can make gluten free by substituting 200 g almond meal and 175 g gluten free SR flour.
Decorate with extra zest from unpeeled orange.
Suitable for TM31 too
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef hotpot
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Lemon biscottini
- Super moist chocolate cake (gluten and dairy free and no added sugar)
- Moist chocolate beetroot cake
- Malteser cupcakes
- Cheesecake brownies
- Buttermilk sorbet
- Chocolate and pear cake
- Peanut butter and dark chocolate cookies
- Continental layer cake
- Ricotta gnocchi with tomato sauce