- 50 g coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 180 g medjool dates pitted
- 50 g Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130 g rolled oats
- 85 g wholemeal plain flour
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 25 g sunflower seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 100 gram mini choc chips
Place pumpkin and sunflower seeds in bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6. Don't grind - just finely chop.
2. Add oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on reverse sp2 for 3 seconds - until all ingredients are combined. Remove from bowl and set aside.
3. Add the chia seed and mill sp 9 for 10 seconds.
4. Add coconut oil, dates, milk and vanilla extract. Blend on sp 7 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat until you have a smooth paste.
5. Add the oat mixture back into the bowl and add the chocolate chips. Mix on reverse speed 4 for 10 seconds or until the mixture has come together.
6. Turn out the mixture onto a lined baking tray. Form the mixture into a rectangle (about 1cm thick and 20cm wide).
7. Cut the rectangle into 5 x 4cm bars using a knife dipped in water.
8. Bake in a 175 degree oven for around 15 minutes or until golden brown and set to the touch.
9. Once removed from the oven, cut into desired portion sizes. I make small squares for the kids but they could be made into larger rectangles for larger eaters!
The amount of dates can be increased slightly if they are not quite sweet enough or if they seem a little dry.
The milk can be replaced with almond milk for a dairy-free version and the choc chips can be replaced with cacao nibs.
This is the first muesli bar recipe I have made that the kids will actually eat. They are fine for lunchboxes as they are nut free and the dates and choc chips make them just sweet enough for them.
This recipe is adapted from the book "Chia. The complete guide" by Wayne Coates PhD.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.