- 4 nectarines
- 2 heaped tablespoon caster sugar
- 200 grams butter cubes
- 145 grams caster sugar
- 1 orange rind only
- 1 lemon rind only
- 3 eggs
- 170 grams S.R . flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110 grams buttermilk
8Recipe is created for
Place nectarines into a bowl of boiling water for 1 minute, this will help loosen skins.
Plunge into cold water to cool and carefully peel off skins.
Cut fruit into large wedges and place in a dry bowl with 2 tb of sugar.
Place sugar, butter and rinds into TM bowl. If butter is hard from fridge first soften the ingredients for 40secs at 50 degrees at speed 4
Cream ingredients together for 1 minute on speed 5, then scrape down with spatula.
Add eggs one at a time beating at speed 5 for 20 secs betweeen additions
Remove TM lid and sift in the flour and baking powder.
Add buttermilk through lid as TM is running at speed 3 for approx 20 secs till all combined. You may need to scrape down the sides of TM bowl and start again for a few secs
Place the mixture into a lined 23 cm cake tin and place nectarines decoratively on top.
Bake at 180 degrees for approx 70 minutes. Test with a skewar after about 60 minutes.
When cake is baked spoon the left over sugar syrup mixture that the nectarines were soaked in over the top of the cake. Allow to cool before removing from tin. The cake is quite fragile.
Nectarine buttermilk Cake
Accessories you need
The mixture will bake over the sinking nectarines. If the top darkens too much cover with foil to prevent burning. The skewar can seem a little damp as it goes through the cooked nectarines
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- Choc Beetroot Bliss Balls - Nut free
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sam's Chocolate Brownies
- Michelle's Choc Chip Cookies
- Passionfruit & Orange Curd/Butter
- Banana, Raspberry & Apple Muffins
- Lemon and White Chocolate Cookies
- milo and oat bliss balls
- Monte Carlo Biscuits - Foodie Mumma Ren Style
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)
- Gf cheese and onion mini breads
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Pancakes (Buttermilk) fit for the AIS
- Corn Bread
- Ellie's Hidden Veggie Chocolate Muffins
- Quinoa, silverbeet and feta soda bread
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Mini monsters
- Rooibos and Cranberry loaf
- Pumpkin & Date Scones