- 230 grams Almonds raw
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bi-card soda
- 40 grams raw cacao powder
- 500 grams Beetroot raw
- 125 grams dates
- 300 grams water
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180'C. Place whole beets in a roasting dish filled with water. Bake for 45 minutes or until soft when pierced with a fork. Allow to cool. Peel and cut into halves.
2. Meanwhile, line a 20cm round cake tin and set aside.
3. Add almonds to the mixing bowl. Mill 10 sec speed 10.
4. Add salt, bi-carb and cacao powder. Mix 10 sec / speed 5. Remove and set aside.
5. Add dates and water to mixing bowl. Heat 4 mins / 100'C / speed 2. Insert simmering basket and drain water so that only dates remain.
6. Add cooked beetroot. Blend 15 sec / speed 6.
7. Add eggs, vanilla and dry mix. Mix 10 sec / speed 4.
8. Transfer to a 20cm round cake tin. Bake at 180'C for 45 mins.
This cake freezes really well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)
- Power Protein Balls
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- GF vegan buckwheat bread