- 1 whole orange cut into quarters
- 250 grams butter (whole block), (original recipe uses 225g of butter but I can't bare to have a small knob left over in the fridge so use it all)
- 3 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 330g Self Raising Flour, (original recipe uses 300g but I added extra to compensate for extra butter)
Preheat oven to 180C. Add muffins papers to a muffin tray. (makes 12 large muffins). Original recipe uses a 20cm cake tin - our family manages the portions better as muffins.
2. Place orange and butter into mixing bowl and mix 7 sec/speed 8. My family likes a smoother orange cake (less chunks) so I scrape down the bowl sides and mix for another 15 sec/speed 8.
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine 20 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 4. (Option: I chose to mix it longer in regular direction for 30 secs/speed 8 (or more if you prefer) to give a lighter consistency. You can push the spatula into the lid to assist the mixing process if necessary).
4. Spoon large dollops into muffin cases and bake for 35-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Feel free to lick the bowl!
No Waste Muffins | 30 Second Orange Cake
Accessories you need
I changed this recipe because I don't like small ingredient leftovers (ie 225g butter vs 250g block of butter) and our family manages muffin portions better than a whole cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon myrtle butter biscuits
- Blueberry Lemon Crisp Bars
- Red Velvet cheesecake brownies (Gluten free)
- Sugar Free Carrot Muffins
- Kelly's Apple Cake
- Jahana's Gluten, Dairy and egg free waffles
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Sarah’s Hedgehog Slice
- Variation Rhubarb Muffins
- Iced VoVo Hot Cross Buns
- Oaty Bars by The Busy Thermie