- 1 whole orange cut into quarters
- 250 grams butter (whole block), (original recipe uses 225g of butter but I can't bare to have a small knob left over in the fridge so use it all)
- 3 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 330g Self Raising Flour, (original recipe uses 300g but I added extra to compensate for extra butter)
Preheat oven to 180C. Add muffins papers to a muffin tray. (makes 12 large muffins). Original recipe uses a 20cm cake tin - our family manages the portions better as muffins.
2. Place orange and butter into mixing bowl and mix 7 sec/speed 8. My family likes a smoother orange cake (less chunks) so I scrape down the bowl sides and mix for another 15 sec/speed 8.
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine 20 sec//speed 4. (Option: I chose to mix it longer in regular direction for 30 secs/speed 8 (or more if you prefer) to give a lighter consistency. You can push the spatula into the lid to assist the mixing process if necessary).
4. Spoon large dollops into muffin cases and bake for 35-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Feel free to lick the bowl!
No Waste Muffins | 30 Second Orange Cake
Accessories you need
I changed this recipe because I don't like small ingredient leftovers (ie 225g butter vs 250g block of butter) and our family manages muffin portions better than a whole cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- No Bake Lactation Bites
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Yummy Apricot and Coconut Balls
- Light Fruit Cake
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chickpea Slice