- 1 whole orange cut into quarters
- 250 grams butter (whole block), (original recipe uses 225g of butter but I can't bare to have a small knob left over in the fridge so use it all)
- 3 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 330g Self Raising Flour, (original recipe uses 300g but I added extra to compensate for extra butter)
Preheat oven to 180C. Add muffins papers to a muffin tray. (makes 12 large muffins). Original recipe uses a 20cm cake tin - our family manages the portions better as muffins.
2. Place orange and butter into mixing bowl and mix 7 sec/speed 8. My family likes a smoother orange cake (less chunks) so I scrape down the bowl sides and mix for another 15 sec/speed 8.
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine 20 sec//speed 4. (Option: I chose to mix it longer in regular direction for 30 secs/speed 8 (or more if you prefer) to give a lighter consistency. You can push the spatula into the lid to assist the mixing process if necessary).
4. Spoon large dollops into muffin cases and bake for 35-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Feel free to lick the bowl!
No Waste Muffins | 30 Second Orange Cake
Accessories you need
I changed this recipe because I don't like small ingredient leftovers (ie 225g butter vs 250g block of butter) and our family manages muffin portions better than a whole cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Energy Muffins
- Pineapple coconut cake
- Oat & Coconut Cookies Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Apricot Bites Paleo
- Chewy Choc-Chunk Slice
- Fruit Roll Ups/ Fruit Leathers
- Feijoa spelt muffins
- Celebration Cookies
- Granny Vest's Cup Cakes
- Choc Chip Chai Hot Cross Buns
- Tangy Lemon Cake with Chantilly Cream