- 2 Bananas (large), over ripe
- 100 grams apple sauce
- 100 grams honey
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt, I use Himalayan Pink
- 200 grams wholemeal flour
- 30 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 10 grams icing sugar
- cinnamon sugar, for dusting
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, lightly grease bread tin
2. Add Apple Sauce, Honey and pinch of Salt to mixing bowl
3. Add Icing Sugar, softened Butter and Baking Soda to mixing bowl
4. Mash up Bananas and add to and add whisked Egg to mixing bowl
5. Mix on speed 3 for 6 seconds to combine
6. Add the Flour to and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides and mix on speed 4 for a further 5 seconds.
7. Pour in to bread tin and lightly dust top with Cinnamon Sugar before baking for 45 minutes.
8. Take out of oven and rest for 2 minutes, turn out on to wire rack and allow to rest for another 15 mintes before slicing.
Not so Bad Banana Bread
Oven temps vary from oven to oven, cooking time is a guide only. Use cake tester into bread to check, if it comes out clean its cooked.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.