- 225 g Butter, Cold, sliced thinly
- 340 g white spelt flour
- 85 g Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 orange, Peel Only
- 150 g raw sugar
- 280 g ricotta
- 250 g Mascapone Cheese
- 1 egg
- 200 g Dark cooking chocolate, Chopped into chunks
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1) Preheat oven to 170 and grease spring form cake tin.
2) Combine all cake/crust ingredients except butter for 15sec/Speed 4. Scrape down sides and combine for a few more seconds if needed.
3) Add cold sliced butter to TM bowl and mix 15sec/Speed 4, it should look like chunky bits.
4) Press half the mixture into bottom of the cake tin trying not to mash it down too much. Set aside the remaining mixture And clean TM bowl.
5) Add the orange peel (without white pith) to the bowl with the raw sugar. Mill for 12sec/Speed 10. Check all the peel is chopped. Repeat if needed.
6) Add remaining filling ingredients except chocolate and mix 10sec/Speed 3. Add 150g of the choc chunks to bowl and combine 5sec/Speed 3.
7) Pour filling onto cake base and crumble remaining cake/crust mixture on top for a rustic feel. I added remaining 50g choc chunks on top all over and a little grated orange zest (optional)
Bake 50-60 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
You can also use baking choc chips if you don't want to chop a chocolate block.
I cooled cake in the tin in the fridge for 30 minutes before I served it.
Spelt flour can be replaced with plain flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.