THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup app. cream, whipping or pouring
- 150 g caster sugar
- dash vanilla extract
- 150 g SR flour, or 150g cake flour + 2 tspns baking powder
- 85g package Passionfruit Jelly Crystals
- 250ml --- Boiling water
- 200ml --- chilled water
- 250 g whipping cream
- 230 g Milk
- 1 package Cottees instant pudding
- dash vanilla extract
- --- 2-3 cups desiccated coconut
2h 25minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line a slice pan with baking paper.
1. Break eggs into a measuring cup, whisk lightly.
2. Add enough cream to make 250ml (usually about 3/4 cup)
3. insert the butterfly to the "Closed lid" , add the egg/cream mixture, and vanilla.
5. Remove the butterfly, and add the sugar,
6. Beat 40secs/sp4. Scrape and beat again 10secs/ sp4.
7. Add the flour and beat 10secs/sp5.
8. Scrape the bowl and beat again 5secs/sp5.
9. Spread evenly in the slice tin.
10. Bake 20-25mins 180°C.
11. Leave in the pan to cool.
- 1. Combine the jelly crystals with the boiling water in a small bowl, until jelly had dissloved.
Add the chilled water.
2. Chill in the fridge until it reaches the consisitency of egg whites. Mine took 2-3 hours. Keep any eye on it.
Too runny and it will sink into the cakes making a soggy mess..too firm and you won't be able to roll the cakes in it.
- 1. Beat the cream, vanilla extract and vanilla pudding mix (Butterfly in), 30-40secs/sp4 or until a firmish consisitency. Do not overbeat.
- 1. Slice the cake into 12 blocks.
2. Dip each piece into the jelly mixture, coating all around, followed by the coconut.
3. Set until firm.
4. Slice each block in half horizontally.
5. Fill each half with the cream filling, replacing the lids.
6. Chill again until nicely set.
Accessories you need
A real blast from the past..but once again made easier with Thermie!
If you wish, you can make these (traditional style) in patty pans.
You can also spread each half with raspberry jam before joining with the vanilla cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.