- 180 grams blanched almonds, or blanched almond meal
- 50 grams Butter, or coconut oil
- 40 grams Maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 160 g Smooth peanut butter
- 80 g Maple syrup
- 50 g Butter, or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g chocolate, milk or dark
- Line a square baking tray with baking paper. Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Make almond flour by adding almonds to bowl and blend 1min/speed 9. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning the mixing bowl, add in butter and maple syrup. Melt 2mins/80C/speed 1
- Add almond flour back into bowl with vanilla and salt and combine 30secs/speed 4
- Transfer into prepared baking tin and press evenly into bottom, making it as smooth and level as possible.
Bake in oven for 10mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10mins before making next layer.
- Without cleaning the mixing bowl, add all ingredients to mixing bowl and combine 2mins/60C/speed 2.
Pour over base layer and place into fridge (or freezer if you are impatient) to set.
Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Add chocolate to mixing bowl and grate 10secs/speed 8.
Remove 50g of chocolate and set aside.
This is easily done by activating your scales and, using a spoon, removing chocolate until scales read -50g.
- Melt chocolate 4mins/50C/speed 3.
- Add in remaining 50g chocolate and combine 2min/speed 3.
- Pour over peanut butter layer and smooth evenly.
- Allow to set at room temperature before placing in fridge.
Once set, remove from baking tray and cut into desired portions.
Store slice in fridge for up to a week (if there is any left over)
Peanut Butter Layer
Accessories you need
Recipe adapted from original by Ambitious Kitchen www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-peanut-butter-twix-bars/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- TM6 Creme Brûlée (TM5 recipe remastered)
- Beatty's Chocolate Cake by Ina Garten
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- Chicken Noodle Soup (GF, DF, Paleo, AIP, GAPS)
- Golden Milk (with fresh ginger and turmeric)
- Red Lentil Falafels
- GAPS Intro Pancakes
- Nanna's Cheesecake
- Nanna's Sloppy Joes
- Chocolate Almond Pulp Brownies
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Pecan biscuits
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto