- 180 grams blanched almonds, or blanched almond meal
- 50 grams Butter, or coconut oil
- 40 grams Maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 160 g Smooth peanut butter
- 80 g Maple syrup
- 50 g Butter, or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g chocolate, milk or dark
- Line a square baking tray with baking paper. Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Make almond flour by adding almonds to bowl and blend 1min/speed 9. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning the mixing bowl, add in butter and maple syrup. Melt 2mins/80C/speed 1
- Add almond flour back into bowl with vanilla and salt and combine 30secs/speed 4
- Transfer into prepared baking tin and press evenly into bottom, making it as smooth and level as possible.
- Bake in oven for 10mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10mins before making next layer.
- Without cleaning the mixing bowl, add all ingredients to mixing bowl and combine 2mins/60C/speed 2.
- Pour over base layer and place into fridge (or freezer if you are impatient) to set.
- Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Add chocolate to mixing bowl and grate 10secs/speed 8.
- Remove 50g of chocolate and set aside.
This is easily done by activating your scales and, using a spoon, removing chocolate until scales read -50g.
- Melt chocolate 4mins/50C/speed 3.
- Add in remaining 50g chocolate and combine 2min/speed 3.
- Pour over peanut butter layer and smooth evenly.
- Allow to set at room temperature before placing in fridge.
- Once set, remove from baking tray and cut into desired portions.
Store slice in fridge for up to a week (if there is any left over)
Peanut Butter Layer
Accessories you need
Recipe adapted from original by Ambitious Kitchen www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-peanut-butter-twix-bars/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- TM6 Creme Brûlée (TM5 recipe remastered)
- Beatty's Chocolate Cake by Ina Garten
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- Chicken Noodle Soup (GF, DF, Paleo, AIP, GAPS)
- Golden Milk (with fresh ginger and turmeric)
- Red Lentil Falafels
- GAPS Intro Pancakes
- Nanna's Cheesecake
- Nanna's Sloppy Joes
- Chocolate Almond Pulp Brownies
- Simple sausage rolls
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble