- 70 g almonds
- 60 g Butter
- 25 g Soft brown sugar
- 425g can pear slices
- 125 g juice from can
- 100 g SR flour
- 35 g plain flour
- 185 g Butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a round cake tin 20-25cm.
2. Grind almonds 8 sec / speed 7. Set aside. Rinse bowl.
3. Melt the 60g butter with brown sugar 2 mins / 60 deg / speed 2, then spread over the base of the cake tin.
4. Drain pear slices and reserve 1/2 cup juice from the can. Place pear slices onto the butter mixture in a nice pattern.
5. Mix 185g butter, caster sugar and reserved juice for 5 min / 60 deg / speed 2.
6. Add flours and ground almonds and mix 10 sec / speed 4. Scrape sides and mix again 10 sec / speed 4.
7. Pour mixture carefully over pear slices.
8. Bake for 55-60 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre. Stand in cake tin 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack (very carefully!) to cool.
9. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
You can also use tinned mango or apple as a variation.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Courgette Flan
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Rima's Petitfour
- Rima's Maamoul
- No bake mars bar cheesecake