- 1 whole nutmeg
- 45 g pistachios
- 360 g almonds
- 220 g raw sugar
- 220 g brown sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 250 g Greek style yoghurt, plus extra for serving
Preheat oven to 170C
Line and butter a 26cm spring form pan.
Place nutmeg into mixing bowl and grind 12 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Place pistachios into mixing bowl and, with dial set to closed lid position, coarsely chop by pulsing withTurbo 3 times.Set aside.
Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill for 6 sec/speed 9.
Add sugars, butter and salt and mix 15 sec/speed 5, using spatula to assist if necessary.
Put half of the mixture into prepared pan and gently press down using tablespoon to form a base.
Add eggs and nutmeg to remaining mixture and mix 10 sec/speed 3, using spatula to assist.
Add yoghurt and mix 10 sec/Reverse/speed 3. Pour onto base.
Scatter edges with pistachios and bake 45 - 60 minutes until set in centre and firm to the touch.
Cool completely before serving with extra yoghurt.
Persian Love Cake
Image by ameanderingmango.blogspot.com
This recipe was kindly contributed by Gerard Yaxley of Qom Restaurant, Sunshine Coast and converted for use in the Thermomix by some of our talented Victorian Group Leaders and Consultants. Thank you.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- Choc Beetroot Bliss Balls - Nut free
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sam's Chocolate Brownies
- Michelle's Choc Chip Cookies
- Passionfruit & Orange Curd/Butter
- Banana, Raspberry & Apple Muffins
- Lemon and White Chocolate Cookies
- milo and oat bliss balls
- Monte Carlo Biscuits - Foodie Mumma Ren Style
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles