- 1 whole nutmeg
- 45 g pistachios
- 360 g almonds
- 220 g raw sugar
- 220 g brown sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 250 g Greek style yoghurt, plus extra for serving
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 170C
Line and butter a 26cm spring form pan.
Place nutmeg into mixing bowl and grind 12 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Place pistachios into mixing bowl and, with dial set to closed lid position, coarsely chop by pulsing withTurbo 3 times.Set aside.
Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill for 6 sec/speed 9.
Add sugars, butter and salt and mix 15 sec/speed 5, using spatula to assist if necessary.
Put half of the mixture into prepared pan and gently press down using tablespoon to form a base.
Add eggs and nutmeg to remaining mixture and mix 10 sec/speed 3, using spatula to assist.
Add yoghurt and mix 10 sec/Reverse/speed 3. Pour onto base.
Scatter edges with pistachios and bake 45 - 60 minutes until set in centre and firm to the touch.
Cool completely before serving with extra yoghurt.
Persian Love Cake
Image by ameanderingmango.blogspot.com
This recipe was kindly contributed by Gerard Yaxley of Qom Restaurant, Sunshine Coast and converted for use in the Thermomix by some of our talented Victorian Group Leaders and Consultants. Thank you.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- TM6 Vanilla Slice - Pie Maker Version
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen