- 1 whole nutmeg
- 45 g pistachios
- 360 g almonds
- 220 g raw sugar
- 220 g brown sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 250 g Greek style yoghurt, plus extra for serving
Preheat oven to 170C
Line and butter a 26cm spring form pan.
Place nutmeg into mixing bowl and grind 12 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Place pistachios into mixing bowl and, with dial set to closed lid position, coarsely chop by pulsing withTurbo 3 times.Set aside.
Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill for 6 sec/speed 9.
Add sugars, butter and salt and mix 15 sec/speed 5, using spatula to assist if necessary.
Put half of the mixture into prepared pan and gently press down using tablespoon to form a base.
Add eggs and nutmeg to remaining mixture and mix 10 sec/speed 3, using spatula to assist.
Add yoghurt and mix 10 sec/Reverse/speed 3. Pour onto base.
Scatter edges with pistachios and bake 45 - 60 minutes until set in centre and firm to the touch.
Cool completely before serving with extra yoghurt.
Persian Love Cake
Image by ameanderingmango.blogspot.com
This recipe was kindly contributed by Gerard Yaxley of Qom Restaurant, Sunshine Coast and converted for use in the Thermomix by some of our talented Victorian Group Leaders and Consultants. Thank you.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)
- Power Protein Balls
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- GF vegan buckwheat bread