- 3 cardamom pods
- 150 grams shelled pistachios
- 100 grams almonds
- 170 grams fine semolina
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams unsalted butter, cubed and room temperature
- 330 grams caster sugar, (or make your own)
- 4 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Rosewater
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams lemon juice
- 80 grams Rosewater
- 100 grams caster sugar, (or make your own)
- extra chopped pistachios
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 23cm springform cake tin with butter and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Use the flat side of a large knife to crush open the cardamom pods and release the seeds. Place the seeds in the TM bowl and discard the shells.
- Add pistachios and almonds to the TM bowl and mill 6 seconds/speed 7.
- Add semolina, baking powder and salt to the TM bowl with the milled nuts. Combine 15 seconds/speed 2 "Counter-clockwise operation" . Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to TM bowl and mix 20 seconds/speed 7.
- With the TM running at speed 5, add eggs one at a time through the lid.
- Add butter mixture to the dry ingredients and fold through by hand, taking care to not overmix.
- Fold in the lemon zest, juice, rosewater and vanilla by hand and then scrape the batter into the greased and lined tin.
- Bake in the oven until a skewer inserted comes out clean but oily, about 55-60 minutes
- 5 minutes before the cake is due out of the oven, place all syrup ingredients in the TM bowl and heat 5 minutes/90°C/speed 2.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, immediately pour all of the hot syrup over the cake and sprinkle with extra chopped pistachios. Sit in the tin until cool. Serve with cream or ice-cream.
Accessories you need
This recipe is adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi's Pistachio and Rose Semolina Cake that was featured on MasterChef Australia 2017. You can find the original recipe on the MasterChef Australia website.
You can replace rosewater with a 2:1 ratio of water and rosewater essence.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Cacao Protein Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies