- 1 sheets Ready-rolled puff pastry
- 80 g raw sugar
- 1 piece Thin strip Lemon rind, no white pith
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Whole egg
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 230 g cream
- 170 g Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
- Mill raw sugar 10 sec / speed 9.
Add remaining custard ingredients and cook 9mins / 90 degrees / / Speed 2.5.
- Pour custard into a bowl or jug & remove the lemon zest with a fork.
- Cover with cling wrap, pressed down over surface of the custard (to prevent a skin forming) and allow to cool COMPLETELY.
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
Cut one sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry into half then lay the halves on top of each other. Starting from a short edge, tightly roll into a log.
- With a sharp knife, score the log into 12 even sections then cut into 12 scrolls. Lay each scroll onto a floured Thermomat and roll into a disc aprox 10cm.
- Press each disc into a greased 12-hole muffin pan then fill with the cooled custard.
- Bake 20-25mins @ 200 degrees, until golden. Cool then dust with icing sugar or cinnamon to serve.
Custard - make in advance!
This recipe was adapted from several other recipes, along with pleasurable experimentation & taste-testing (I had willing helpers!), plus some reminiscing by friends who have eaten the ‘real thing’ in Portugal!
For photos of how to do the pastry, click here:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies (with carrot & spinach - shh!)
- Banana pancakes
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada
- Keto Alkalising Green Smoothie
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon