- 1 sheets Ready-rolled puff pastry
- 80 g raw sugar
- 1 piece Thin strip Lemon rind, no white pith
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Whole egg
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 230 g cream
- 170 g Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
- Mill raw sugar 10 sec / speed 9.
- Insert butterfly.
Add remaining custard ingredients and cook 9mins / 90 degrees / "Counter-clockwise operation" / Speed 2.5.
- Pour custard into a bowl or jug & remove the lemon zest with a fork.
- Cover with cling wrap, pressed down over surface of the custard (to prevent a skin forming) and allow to cool COMPLETELY.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
Cut one sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry into half then lay the halves on top of each other. Starting from a short edge, tightly roll into a log.
- With a sharp knife, score the log into 12 even sections then cut into 12 scrolls. Lay each scroll onto a floured Thermomat and roll into a disc aprox 10cm.
- Press each disc into a greased 12-hole muffin pan then fill with the cooled custard.
- Bake 20-25mins @ 200 degrees, until golden. Cool then dust with icing sugar or cinnamon to serve.
Custard - make in advance!
Accessories you need
This recipe was adapted from several other recipes, along with pleasurable experimentation & taste-testing (I had willing helpers!), plus some reminiscing by friends who have eaten the ‘real thing’ in Portugal!
For photos of how to do the pastry, click here:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies (with carrot & spinach - shh!)