- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 125 g Butter, cubed at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoons iced water
- 500 g Kent pumpkin, cubed (no skin)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons cornflour
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons mixed spice
- whipped cream, or double cream
1h 30minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Cube pumpkin and place into varmoma;
2. Fill bowl with 1 litre of water;
3. Set time 20mins, Varoma temp, speed 1;
4. Leave to cool while making pie crust.
- 1. Place all ingredients into bowl;
2. Mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds;
3. Select dough funciton and knead for 2 mins;
4. Tip out onto thermomat/bench and roll into a ball;
5. Cover with cling wrap and refridgerate for 15mins;
6. Roll out and place into greased pie dish;
7. Bake for 10 mins at 180 degrees (fan forced)
- 1. Place pumpkin into bowl and blitz on speed 8 for 5 seconds
2. Add remaining ingredients;
3. Insert whisk and whisk for 40 seconds, speed 3;
4. Pour over pie base and place in oven for 30-40mins, 160 degrees (fan forced);
5. Allow pie to cool completely and then refridgerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
*Serve with a dusting of icing sugar; dollop of cream and/or scoop of ice cream.
Accessories you need
**Converted for preparation using Thermomix from an online receipe.
If your out of 'mixed spice' I use 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg as a substitute.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.