- 115 grams Butter
- 180 grams raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Red food colouring
- 280 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 25 grams reserved from total icing sugar once milled (for rolling cookies in)
- 100 grams good quality melting WHITE or dairy milk chocolate
- 80 grams Full Fat pouring Cream
- 25 grams cornflour
Recipe is created for
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Add 200g sugar for the cookie dough into the bowl and mill 10 seconds speed 10. Set aside.
2) Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10sec/ speed8
3) Add cream and corn flour and melt 2-3 minutes/50 degrees/ speed 3
4) Set aside in a bowl and place in fridge to cool completely
1) Dont wash the bowl from the ganache. Add 180g milled sugar keeping roughly 20g of icing sugar aside to later roll biscuits in.
2) Add butter and blitz 20 seconds / speed 5. With blades rotating on speed 3, add the eggs. stop machine.
3) Then weigh in the plain flour. With blades rotating again on speed 3 add the baking powder, biacrb, cocoa powder and food colouring. Combine on speed 6 for 10 seconds. Then knead for 1 minute.
4) If you have time chill the dough for 30 minutes or until dough is form enough to shape. Otherwise it is okay to continue to step 5
5) Roll the dough into a log and then cut off 50- 80 pieces (depending on size waned) and shape them into a ball.
6) Roll the balls into the icing sugar to coat completely, then place them on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with your fingers.
7) Bake in a 190 degree fan forced oven for 6-8 minutes (dont over cook) and allow to cool completely.
Sandwhich two biscuits together with chocolate ganache and devour!
You can easily half this recipe
It makes a lot so you may need to bake them in 2 batches
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Moist white chocolate and vanilla mud cake with cream cheese icing
- Moist Vanilla mud cupcakes
- My friend Gail's DATE AND GINGER MUFFINS
- Cranberry Cosmopolitan
- chocolate peanut butter frosting
- Coconut, lemon and white magic bean cake
- Parsnip cake with cream cheese icing
- LYCHEE AND MINT KIDS BIRTHDAY SLUSHIES
- RAINBOW white bean birthday cake
- Morning Glory muffins (converted from Nico Moretti's Cooking Passions cookbook)
- Chermoula marinated chicken with moroccan beans and quinoa
- Rainbow cake with cream cheese icing