- 170 g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- rind of 1 lemon, or, 3-4 drops lemon oil
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 450 g plain flour
- 230 g chilled butter, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 100 g currants
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
1. Blitz sugar and lemon rind (if using) sp9/8 secs.
2. Add vanilla, (lemon oil if using), flour, butter and eggs.
3. Blend sp4/15 secs, until the mixture comes together.
4. Add currants, sp3/ /5-8 secs or until roughly combined. You can finish kneading by hand on a bench. You don't want to squash the currants.
5. Tip onto a floured bench and knead lightly.
6. Divide in 1/2, and roll out one half to a 5mm thickness.
7. Cut into rounds, using a 8cm fluted cutter and place onto the prepared tray.
8. Sprinkle with extra caster sugar.
9. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and crisp.
10. Cool on tray for 5 mins before cooling on a wire rack.
11. Repeat with the remainder.
Accessories you need
We all love those Rich tea biscuits from the supermarket...now you can make your own
Join my FaceBook group Thermify me and Thermify me Breadwinners for more recipes, tips and cooking class schedules.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments
- Custard Square
- Lemon Coconut Cake
- Vegan Cheesecake
- Mars Bar Chocolate Crackles
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake