- 200 grams castor sugar
- Grated zest of orange
- Grated Zest of Lemon
- 120 grams olive oil
- 15 grams Sweet Marsala or white wine
- 250 grams Ricotta Cheese (whole milk)
- 2 Eggs - large
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 190 grams plain flour
- 170 grams mini choc chips
- 60 grams Chopped Pistachio Nuts
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Heat Oven to 175 Degrees fan forced. Grease or line a loaf tin or bread tin.
Into TM bowl add sugar, lemon and orange zest and mix for 3 seconds on Speed 6.
Add in olive oil, ricotta, wine and eggs and mix together for 10 seconds on speed 3.
To the wet mixture add salt, cinnamon, all spice and baking powder and mix for 10 seconds on speed 3.
Add flour, chocolate chips and pistaccios and blend for 15 seconds, REVERSEon speed 3 or until well combined.
Pour into prepared tin and bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Let cool on a wire rack in the pan for 15 minutes then invert to wire rack to complete cooling.
Accessories you need
This cake smells absolutely delicious as it bakes. YUMMO!!
You can substitute the lemon and orange zest with 60 grams of candied peel
Add in cranberries or glace cherries for some more colour and flavour
You can substitute the ricotta for cottage cheese or yoghurt making this a versatile cake depending on the ingredients you have at hand.
For a scrumptious dessert you can serve a slice with icecream or with hot chocolate or vanilla custard.
This cake freezes well!!
This cake tastes great the first day and improves over subsequent days - it will remain moist and tasty.
The taste and smell takes me back to the pasticcerias in Italy. Serve warm or cold.
This recipe has been sourced and converted from a fabulous recipe first published by Smitten Kitchen.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments
- Moist Coconut Cupcakes with "Coconut Ice" Frosting
- Gluten Free Crackers
- Blueberry Croissant Pudding
- Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- Healthy Choc Topped Mini Mint Cheesecakes
- Cabernet Cranberry and Blueberry Sauce
- Fresh Lime Chickpea Drizzle Cake
- Fresh Lime Custard Cream Butter Cake
- Fresh Lime Almond Torte
- Fresh Lime Curd Ice cream
- Lemon Custard Cream Butter Cake