- 120 grams almonds
- 200 grams raw sugar
- 100 grams egg whites, aged
- 30 grams caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of tarter
- 100 grams raw sugar
- 120 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams cream
- 150 grams Butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 green apples, cored
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 30 grams water
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place almonds in bowl and mill 10 seconds / sp 10. set aside
2. Place sugar in bowl and mill 15 seconds/ sp 10.
3. Add milled almonds to bowl. Mix 10 seconds / sp 10. Set aside. Clean and thoroughly dry mixing bowl.
4. Place egg whites and butterfly whisk in mixing bowl. Insert butterfuly whisk. 4 minutes / sp 4. After 1 minute, sprinkle caster sugar in through hole in lid. If you wish to have coloured shells, add colouring through hole in lid in the last 30 seconds.
5. Fold almond and sugar mixture through egg white mixture.
6. Pipe onto prepared baking trays, approx 2.5cm circles.
7. Heat oven to 135 degrees.
8. Allow piped macarons to sit on bench for approx half hour.
9. Bake for 19 minutes.
10. Allow shells to cool completely before filling.
1. Place all Salted Caramel sauce ingredients into mixing bowl. Cook on 17 minutes / Varoma/ sp2.
2. Remove from mixing bowl and allow to cool completely.
1. Place apples in mixing bowl. Chop for 3 seconds / sp 5.
2. Add water and cinnamon to bowl. Cook for 10 minutes / 100 degrees / .
3. Remove from mixing bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the caramel sauce and allow to cool completely.
Assemble the macarons as follows:
Pipe a small portion of salted caramel onto macaron shell, followed by 1/2 tsp of apple mixture. Sandwich together with a macaron shell on top.
Chunky Apple Sauce
Be as creative as you like! Try different fillings! Match the colour of the shell to the flavouring
Macarons freeze really well, and are actually best eaten the next day as this allows the flavour from the filling to infilitrate the shell.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Donna Hays Raspberry sweet bread wreath
- Delicious Healthy Banana Muffins
- Vegan Brownies, in a flash
- 7 layer bars