- 230 g plain flour, or gluten free flour
- pinch salt
- 110 g sultanas
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g walnuts
- 40 g candied peel
- 75 g crystallised ginger, roughly choped
- 170 g glace cherries, halved
- 200 g Butter
- 100 g raw sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste, or 5g vanilla essence
- 30 g brandy
- 500 g marzipan
- food dye, for colouring (optional)
- apricot jam, sieved for brushing
Place nuts in TM bowl and chop 2sec/speed 4, set aside in a large bowl and add fruits and flour, combine until everything is coated with the flour.
Place sugar into a clean, dry TM bowl and mill 10sec/speed9.
Add butter and melt 30sec/90c/speed1, then mix 1min/speed3.
With blades rotating on speed3, add eggs one at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Add vanilla, brandy and flour/fruit mix and combine 20sec/speed3.
Pour into a lined 20cm diameter cake tin and bake for 1hour on 150c, then for a another 30min on 140c or until cooked.
Allow the cake to cool before storing it in a tin. Decorate the next day.
Brush the cake with the sieved apricot jam.
Roll out the marzipan and cutting it to fit the cake. Decorate the edge of the cake with an marzipan plait and the centre with marzipan eggs coloured with a little food dye.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Rock cakes