- 250 g Butter, Make your own and reserve buttermilk
- 300 g buttermilk, Reserved from butter
- 130 g Coconut sugar, or your choice
- 750 g Self Raising Flour, Spelt flour also works well
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g Saltanas
- 60-100 g sunflower seeds, to taste
Line a sqaure baking tin with baking paper.
Preheat oven to 180°C
1. Place butter into tmix bowl. Melt for 1 and half min 50° speed 4
2. Add buttermilk and sugar to the melted butter. Mix 20 secs speed 4
3. Add flour and salt. 1 min 30 sec
Add the optional saltanas and sunflower seeds at this point too
4. Roll dough into golf ball size balls, and then form into a rectange. Place formed rusks into lined pan, starting from one end and placing each rusk right next to the other. Should make about 4 rows of 5 each.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 mins at 180°C. Keep an eye on them so the tops do not burn.
6. Use a knife to Separate rusks, and turn out onto a larger baking tray. Crisp the rusks in the oven at 130° C for about 2 1/2 hrs until crisped completely. No need to wait for oven to cool down, just lower temp and place the separated rusks back into the oven.
ENJOY dunked in a cuppa or just eat crispy!
I make two separate batches (one with extras and one just plain buttermilk) and bake them together. Baking and drying out time stays the same and you get double the quantity for your effort! This is handy as they will disappear fast: very yummy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Pate au Pistou
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Mini Cheese and bacon rolls- pie maker
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes