- 6.5 g ground cinnamon, (3 1/4 tsp)
- 2 g ground cloves, (1 1/4 tsp)
- 1.5 g Nutmeg, (1 tsp)
- 1 g white pepper, (3/4 tsp)
- 2 g aniseed powder, (1 1/4 tsp)
- 0.5 g cardamom powder, (1/4 tsp)
- 1 g ginger powder, (3/4 tsp)
- 225 g plain flour
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 130 g Soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bi Carb Soda
- 30 g Milk
- 3 teaspoon spice mix, (i used heaped as we like them spicy)
if you want to you can ground all your spices fresh but if you are going to do this i would double the mixture as if you dont have enough in your bowl they wont ground fine enough)
alternatively just mix preground spices in a bowl
1. preheat oven to 150 degrees (fan forced)
2. add flour, baking powder, bi carb soda, and spices to a dry thermomix bowl. blitz on speed 8 for 20 seconds to 'shift' the dry ingredients.
3. all the butter and the sugar to the bowl and mix speed 4, 30 secs. Stop and scrape down sides.
4. add the millk and mix speed 4 for 20 seconds.
5. tip on to a thermomat and knead into a ball. Mixture should be sort of wet but nearly dry if that makes sense
6. Wrap in glad wrap and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
7. I have used a traditional dutch mould but you can just roll the mixture out and cut into biscuits. I would make them about 5 mm thick if you are rolling the mixture out. You will need to use some rice flour to help stop the mixture from sticking to the rolling pin and or the mould.
8. bake for 8 minutes and then turn the trays (and swap shelves if you have two trays as this will help bake the top and the bottom tray evenly) and then bake for a few 8 minutes. timing will depend on your oven.
9. allow to cool and then serve with a cuppa!! ENJOY
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Kahlua chocolate fudge
- Wholefood Orange Quinoa Muesli slice
- Carrot wraps (base recipe from TRTLMT) CAN BE DONE IN EITHER MODEL 31 or 5
- Chocolate Molten cakes
- Raspberry and Vanilla Coconut Pannacotta
- Oat Bikkies
- Donna Hay's mango and coconut ice cream bars
- Awesome white chocolate mud cupcakes
- Wholemeal Bread (adapted from RTLMT My Go to Bread Recipe)
- Banana & Caco Brekie Smoothie