- 120 g raw almonds, (or ground almonds)
- 150 g brown sugar
- 180 g Butter
- 1 --- egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 350 g plain flour
8Recipe is created for
Place almonds in TM bowl and grind for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Place butter and sugar in TM bowl and cream for 15 seconds on speed 4, then increase to speed 5 for a further 15 seconds. Scrape down bowl.
Add egg and ground almonds and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down bowl.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds on speed 4 assisting with the spatula.
Turn dough out onto plastic wrap, shape into a ball and wrap tightly. Place in the fridge for 15 mins or at this point the dough can be left in the fridge for up to a week to let the flavours develop.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius.
Flatten dough and roll out until approximately 1cm thick and cut into small squares. Alternatively you can roll dough into small balls and flatten with a fork or roll dough into a log and slice into rounds...your choice.
Place onto lined baking tray (they don't need much room to spread so you can really load up the baking tray) and bake for 10 - 15 mins or until they are nicely browned and dry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast Garlic and Porcini Butter
- Spicy Pear Celebration Cake - Gluten Free
- Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Cream (Vegan, Dairy free)
- Salmon and Veggie Pasta for Kids
- Green Sorbet
- Salmon Bake
- Damp Almond Cake
- Simple Steamed Salmon
- Cranberry, White Chocolate and Buttermilk Scones
- Chocolate Melting Moments With Peppermint Cream
- Tash's Banana Cake with Maple Buttercream
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake