- 200 grams pitted dates
- 250 --- ml of freshly boiled water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 60 grams Butter
- 165 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 --- eggs
- 250 grams SR flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. fill and boil the kettle, preheat oven to 180C
2. add dates to mixing bowl, chop 30secs/speed 5
3. transfer chopped dates to heat resistant jug/bowl and add boiling water and bicarbonate of soda. stir with a metal spoon to break appart chunks of date and sit aside.
4. clean and dry mixing bowl
5. add sugar to mixing bowl and mill 10-20 secs/speed 9
6. add butterfly and butter then whip for 2 mins/speed 3/4
7. set to 40 secs/speed 3 then add vanilla and eggs (one at a time) through hole in lid
8. add flour then mix for 40 seconds speed 3/until evenly mixed
9. transfer to cases and bake for approx. 15 minutes
10. when skewer comes out clean, remove form oven and tranfer to wire rack to cool
Would pair up very nicely with butterscotch buttercream or salted caramel
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.