- 200 grams flour, ( Plain,bakers or gluten free)
- 100 grams Butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50-60 grams water
- 600 grams granny smith apples ( about 6 large), ( sliced)
- 130 grams brown sugar, ( to taste)
- 30 grams flour, ( Plain,bakers or Gluten free)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar/ sugar, ( for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and grease the pie dish.
- Add the flour,salt and butter to the TM bowl and combine. sp6 for 10 sec.
- set to closed lid position and for 10-20 while slowly adding watter.
- Cut into halves, wrap and place int the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place the cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon,sugar, and flour into the TM bowl
and combine. Sp4 for 5 sec., set aside.
- Add the apple to the TM bowl then pour the dry mix over the top and
combine. sp1 for 1 minute.
-Roll out 1 half and place in the pie dish, trimming the very edge of excess
pastry. Leave the other half in the fridge.
Blind bake for 15 minutes - Cover with baking paper and filling with baking
beans or you can use rice.
( if you use rice, the rice will no longer be good for use other than blind
baking ( yes, you can re-use it))
- Remove the beans/rice and baking paper and add the apple filling.
( if you wish, place a few dollaps of butter on top of the filling)
- Roll out the other half of the dough and lay over the top of the pie.
Trim the very edge and firmly press the pastry together to form a seal.
- Cut 3 slices in the top and ( brush with melted butter or milk if desired)
sprinkle with vanilla sugar/ sugar. Bake at 180oC for around 40-50 minutes.
Serve warm/hot and with your favourite side.
Apple Filling and baking
Accessories you need
you could add a tsp of lemon zest to the dry mix for a little kick.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Choc chip biscuits
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars