THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 240ml --- rice flour
- 480ml Orgran gluten free S.R.flour
- 95ml organic xylitol (instead of sugar)
- 3 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1 teaspoon Organic baking powder (gluten free)
- 2 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon organic all spice powder
- 2 teaspoon yeast or 20g fresh yeast
- 75ml Olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 Organic free range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 240ml mix of sultanas, currants, cranberries
- 2 tablespoon melted butter or dairy free margarine
- 2 tablespoon Gluten gree icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 dash natural vanilla extract
HOT CROSS BUNS
Empty your sachet of yeast in to a cup and add 3 teaspoons of raw sugar. Add a little warm water and stir well. Sit it to one side and let it activate.
Add all the dry ingredients in to your TM31 and blend for 30 secs on speed 9. (Rice Flour, SR flour, xylitol, Xanthum gum, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice.
Pour in your yeast mix, 1/4 cup of olive or coconut oil, eggs and vinegar and blend on closed lid position for 3 mins on Interval speed. At 2 mins add through the lid the sultana, cranberry, currant mix so it mixes in properly.
The mix should form in to quite a large dough ball. Prepare a large baking tray with baking paper and cooking spray oil. Cut dough in half and then each half into eighths. With slightly dampened hands roll each ball into a small ball. With one dough ball in the centre of the baking tray, place seven dough balls around it.
Repeat to form a second group of 8. This will create pull apart buns
With a sharp knife dipped in a little flour, cut a shallow cross in the top of each dough ball. These will be filled with piped icing once baked.
Melt two tablespoons of butter or marg and brush the tops of the buns. Cover with thermomat and wait 30 mins for the buns to rise.
Place in a hot oven at 190*c and bake for 30 mins.Pull out of oven and cool on cooling rack till cool enough to handle.
HOT CROSS BUN ICING
While the buns are still warm, add icing sugar , water and vanilla essence in to a zip lock bag. Between fingers work the water and essence in to the icing sugar to create a thick icing. Cut off the corner of the zip lock bag and pipe the icing on to the top of the warm buns.
Enjoy warm with butter or dairy free melrose omega spread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Emma’s Pink Lemonade
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- French bread
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Keto Bread Rolls
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Orange and ginger lemonade
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Pizza Bread