- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 130 g plain flour, (or half cup)
- 130 g castor sugar, (or half cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Write your thankful-notes on small, thin strips of paper. Fold ready.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180 fan-forced (200 normal) & line baking trays with baking paper & lightly spray with oil.
3. Place egg whites & vanilla in thermomix bowl & insert butterfly. Mix for 1 minute on Speed 3, or until foamy but NOT stiff.
4. Add flour, sugar & salt. Mix for 25 seconds, Speed 1. Open & scrape down sides with spatula. Mix again for 10 seconds, Speed 1.
5. Spoon two dessert-sized spoons of batter on your first tray. Use the back of the spoon to make them as large as you like/need & make them circular.
6. Place tray in oven, cook for approximately 8 minutes or until 2/3 of the biscuit is golden (from the outside-in). Prepare next tray.
7. WORKING QUICKLY use a flat spatula to lift biscuit off tray & place upside down onto wooden chopping board. Place your note in the centre & fold biscuit over (creating a semicircle), then fold each side of the semicircle toward the middle. Place a heavy spoon/item in top to hold it while it cools & sets. Quickly do the same with the second biscuit. (I can only do two at any one time as they cool quickly & therefore crack when you try to fold them. Practice with one tray & you'll get the hang of it.)
8. They'll be cooled & ready within minutes.
9. Enjoy! (Makes approx 12 large thankful cookies)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.