- 420 g soy milk
- 20 g apple cider vinegar
- 135 g vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 310 g caster sugar
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 60 g cocoa
- 1.5 tsp Bi Carb
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 g Butter, cubed
- 500 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60 g Milk
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
For the cakes:
Preheat oven to 180 celcius in a fan forced oven.
Lay out cupcake liners into muffin tins.
Add soy milk, vinegar, oil, and vanilla to the bowl. 5 secs/ Speed 4
Add to this wet mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, bi carb, baking powder, and salt. 5 seconds/ speed 4.
Pour into cupcake liners until 3/4 full.
Bake for 15-18 mins until springy. Allow to cool thoroughly before icing.
For the Buttercream:
Insert butterfly. Add all ingredients to the bowl. 3 mins/ speed 4. Scrape down and repeat for a further 1 min.
Load up your piping bag and get decorating
You can easily make these vegan by replacing the butter in the icing with a vegetable oil based spread, such as nutlex.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)
- Eggless Double Chocolate Choc Chip Cookies
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Asian style chicken dumplings - Varoma complete meal
- Polenta topped braised beef cheek pies
- Nigella's Chocolate and Orange Cake
- Ice Coffee and Almond Cake
- Super Moist Whole Orange Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- Banana Bread
- Chia Cranberry Muesli Bars