- 420 g soy milk
- 20 g apple cider vinegar
- 135 g vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 310 g caster sugar
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 60 g cocoa
- 1.5 tsp bi carb
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 g Butter, cubed
- 500 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60 g milk
25minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking 15min
For the cakes:
Preheat oven to 180 celcius in a fan forced oven.
Lay out cupcake liners into muffin tins.
Add soy milk, vinegar, oil, and vanilla to the bowl. 5 secs/ Speed 4
Add to this wet mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, bi carb, baking powder, and salt. 5 seconds/ speed 4.
Pour into cupcake liners until 3/4 full.
Bake for 15-18 mins until springy. Allow to cool thoroughly before icing.
For the Buttercream:
Insert butterfly. Add all ingredients to the bowl. 3 mins/ speed 4. Scrape down and repeat for a further 1 min.
Load up your piping bag and get decorating
You can easily make these vegan by replacing the butter in the icing with a vegetable oil based spread, such as nutlex.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Cake Muffins
- Salted Caramel Fudge
- Banana Sultana Bread
- Almost Kingston's
- Pennsylvania Dutch Cookies
- Variation Portuguese Tarts - Adapted from Bill Granger - Inspired by Thermofest
- Gluten/Grain/Sugar Free Banana Bread
- Chockie Rocks
- Sweet pastry my way
- Crumble topping
- Burnt butter shortbread
- Fairy Biscuits
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Asian style chicken dumplings - Varoma complete meal
- Polenta topped braised beef cheek pies
- Nigella's Chocolate and Orange Cake
- Ice Coffee and Almond Cake
- Super Moist Whole Orange Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- Banana Bread
- Chia Cranberry Muesli Bars