- 200 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g Unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs, 60g
- 150 g Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place first 5 ingredients into the bowl.
3. Mix together for 10 seconds / speed 4 (it should resemble breadcrumbs)
4. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl.
5. Combine by using the TURBO function (2 second blasts), 3 times.
6. Prepare your cupcake tray by placing paper cases into the holes.
7. Pour the cake batter into your cupcake tray, filling each case to half full.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until springy to touch.
9. Test the cakes are done by inserting a skewer into the centre of one cupcake. If traces of cake batter remain on the skewer, cook for a minute more, then test again.
10. Once cooked, leave for a few minutes, then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
Use your preferred icing to decorate.
Decorate with sprinkles (optional).
The cakes will keep in an airtight container for 3 days.
For the batter
Accessories you need
This recipe has been converted from "Baking Step-By-Step" book, published by DK.
These cupcakes are denser than fairy cakes, which means that they can carry the more elaborate type of icing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.